Monday, December 01, 2008

Trough of disillusionment

Mr. Gartner had built a new roller coaster based on his, now famous, principles which ensured that every ride was indeed a heady experience which one would not easily forget. His previous rides, often simply named with combinations of letters, were indeed exhilarating experiences. I was eager to ride this one, famously called SOA, and was lucky enough to be now sitting in the front carriage, which was slowly taking me up the steep incline. As the carriage ascended I was able to take in the magnificent vista of the landscape lying below me, revealing a hitherto unknown complexity. But then, looking forward again, I realized I could not see the track in front of me. In fact I seemed to be poised on a great void. It was then that I realized that I was heading into the trough of disillusionment.

No comments: