Monday, January 10, 2005

Building an Enterprise using Hosted Services I

Hopefully I'll get back to the service versioning problem later. But in the mean time I keep hitting against the idea of running a enterprise just by using hosted services. This seems very attractive - no software to install and manage, cut down on the amout of hardware you need etc.. So I thought it would be interesting to find out what types of business processes can be supported in this way. First one I found was Talaris who deal with procurement. Next was Salesforce.com - they deal with, obviously enough, sales processes (incuding CRM). One in Germany, Acinum who deals with various SCM procesess (careful, when I tried, the english version was not working).

I'm sure there are more and when I find them I'll blog them. Maybe you can run all your companies business processes just by using hosted services from different suppliers. But how will they all work together?

No comments: